Michigan Attorney Jan Jeffrey Rubinstein assists civil litigation clients in the metro Detroit area and throughout Michigan and has extensive experience with:
- Negligence actions: When someone is negligent, that person did not exercise care in his or her actions. The injury is not intentional, but rather caused by someone being careless. If you or a loved one was harmed or suffered death as a result of someone’s carelessness, you may be able to recover certain damages to compensate for your injury or the death of a loved one.
- Contract disputes: Even though you sign a contract that you think is binding, a dispute could arise if the other party does not keep his or her end of the deal, you could find that the other party added additional wording to the contract, or many other things could happen. Whether you are being sued or need to recover in a contract dispute Attorney Jan Jeffrey Rubinstein can advise you of your rights.
- Intentional torts: An intentional tort is almost like negligence, but with one addition. The accusing party (plaintiff) must show that the defendant intended to cause harm.
- Employment discrimination: Several areas fall under employment discrimination including but not limited to race, sex, age and disability. If you feel you were fired or laid off for a reason other than what was given to you, you should contact an experienced employment discrimination attorney such as Attorney Rubinstein.
- Real estate: Real estate can bring up many issues, including breach of contract and fraudulent transfers.
- Defamation: Defamation is a catch-all phrase that covers slander, libel, traducement, calumny and vilification. Libel is when someone writes an untruth that harmed you in a significant way; slander is when someone speaks an untruth that harmed you in a significant way. The harm must cause you financial issues or damage your reputation – it can’t simply hurt your feelings.
- Family law: Family law includes divorce, domestic violence, custody disputes, alimony and child support issues.
- Disputes with municipalities and schools
If you are experiencing issues in these areas, contact Attorney Rubinstein’s office to set up a consultation. If you think you have a case, an experienced attorney will let you know what your rights are and stand by your side to ensure that you achieve the best possible result.